Here at Gaines Pediatric Dentistry we are glad to be in the office and providing care for our patients. Your child’s safety has always been our top priority. In light of Covid-19 we have made additional enhancements to keep your family safe. Here are some of the changes we have made:
- As always, parents are welcome in our office and treatment rooms. We do allow 2 parents to accompany each child. When possible, we suggest that you find childcare for non-patient siblings to help reduce occupancy in our office.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive and have you review four brief screening questions. Please contact our office prior to your appointment to reschedule if your child is sick or someone in your household has tested positive for COVID in the 2-weeks prior.
- There are two options to check-in when you arrive. As always, you are welcome to enter the office and check-in in person with Autumn at the front desk. Alternatively, you are welcome to wait in your vehicle and text us to let us know you’re here. A staff member will meet you at your car and escort you into the building.
- We love your smiling faces, but due to CDC and state-guidelines we kindly ask that anyone over the age of 5 wear a mask while in our office.
- We have invested in eight state-of-the-art, HEPA filtration units. These units will be on at all times providing continually clean air for our staff and patients.
- Droplet guards have been placed at the front desk and our administrative team will be wearing masks.
- We have switched to a paperless system for our forms. You will be able to fill out any necessary paperwork for your child’s visit ahead of time by following a link that will be texted to you. We will also have iPads available at the front desk if you are unable to complete this paperwork on your own device.
- We have one team member specifically dedicated to sanitizing surfaces between each patient, as well as frequently touched surfaces like door handles.
- As always, our clinical team will be equipped with proper PPE, including N95 masks.
- Each morning our entire team performs a temperature check and symptom screening to promote a safe environment for our patients and their families.
- In regards to our waiting room conveniences, we have temporarily removed magazines, children’s books, play kitchen utensils, and have powered off the Keurig coffee machine. We will keep our tablet game station open and provide disinfectant wipes to clean the screens in-between patient use.
If you have any questions about these changes, please text or call our office. We continue to work hard to provide you and your family with the best care possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We appreciate your continued patience with scheduling as we work to accommodate everyone.